Desserts & Breads
Opens in a new window
EL MEJOR NIDO
1 hr 18 min
- This chocolate flan makes a perfect dessert that can be made the day before you serve it.
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- ●1 container (8 ounces) cottage cheese
- ●6 large eggs
- ●2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, chopped
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until dissolved and caramel-colored. Quickly pour onto bottom of 2-inch-deep, 9-inch-round cake pan; swirl around bottom and side to coat.
Place media crema, cottage cheese, eggs and Abuelita in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into large bowl; stir in evaporated milk. Pour into prepared pan; cover with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with water to about 1-inch depth.
Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, run small spatula around edge of pan. Invert serving plate over pan. Turn over; shake gently to release.