Opens in a new window
5 to 6 servings
Albondigas Soup is a classical Mexican meatball soup that will soon become your family's favorite. Top with cheese, chopped cilantro or sour cream for added eye appeal.
- ●6 cups water
- ●1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ●1 onion, chopped
- ●1 carrot, peeled and diced
- ●3 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 pound ground beef
- ●1 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ●1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- ●1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1 large egg
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●Shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
Combine water, tomatoes with juice, onion, carrot and bouillon in large soup pot. Turn heat to high; cover.
Combine beef, 1/2 cup cilantro, rice, flour, egg and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Uncover broth mixture; drop meat in 1 tablespoon portions into hot liquid. Heat soup to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
Stir remaining 1/2 cup cilantro into soup and ladle into bowls. Top with cheese.