Opens in a new window
- Coconut Flan is a variation on a sweet custard dessert that is popular throughout Latin American and Europe. It is a simple yet elegant finale to any meal.
- ●3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 cans (13.5 fluid ounces each) coconut milk
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●5 large eggs
- ●1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ●Whipped cream
- ●Toasted flaked sweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until dissolved and caramel-colored. Pour onto bottom of 9-inch-round cake pan; quickly swirl around bottom to coat.
Place coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and coconut extract in blender; cover. Blend for 5 seconds. Pour into prepared pan; cover lightly with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
Bake for 1 hour, 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, run small spatula around edge of pan. Invert serving plate over pan. Turn over; shake gently to release. Garnish with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.