Opens in a new window
6 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- An aromatic and tasty side dish that pairs perfectly with fish, chicken or beef.
- ●1 1/2 cups dry long-grain white rice
- ●1 1/4 cups warm water
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 1/4 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- ●1/2 cup packed cilantro sprigs
- ●1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- ●2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ●1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Rinse rice and soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
Combine water and bouillon in a large glass measuring cup; stir to dissolve.
Place spinach, cilantro and bouillon mixture in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Add evaporated milk; pulse until well combined.
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir in rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add spinach/cilantro mixture; increase heat to medium. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
Stir rice carefully. Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Keep covered and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.