Pies & Tarts
Opens in a new window
- Tart and tangy, this lemon pie whips up in no time. Garnish with lemon slices, lemon peel and mint before serving.
- ●1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- ●1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ●3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Lactose-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●1/4 cup lemon juice
- ●2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ●2 drops yellow liquid food coloring
- ●1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ●Lemon slices, lemon peel and fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
Combine breadcrumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Beat sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Stir in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into warm crust.
Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature; refrigerate. Garnish with lemon slices, lemon peel and mint before serving.