Opens in a new window
10 to 12 servings
- Ready in less than 30 minutes, these garlic mashed plantains are perfect as a side dish or a stuffing.
- ●3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, crushed
- ●2 cups hot water
- ●2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- ●6 medium green plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- ●4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1/2 pound crisp fried pork rinds or 6 strips fried bacon, chopped
Dissolve bouillon in hot water; set aside.
Heat abundant vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add plaintain slices and fry for 15 minutes or until tender (do not brown). Drain on paper towel.
Mash plantains with a mortar or potato masher. Add garlic, olive oil and pork rinds; continue mashing until well combined. Add dissolved bouillon; mix well.
Suggestions: Shape mashed plantains into balls and serve as a side dish with pork, chicken, turkey or beef. Can also be used as a stuffing for turkey.