Opens in a new window
- This shredded vegetable soup is creamy and full of nutritious vegetables. Chayote (mirliton squash) lends the comforting texture to this delicious soup. A typical ingredient of the Aztec and Mayan cuisine, this vegetable is high in potassium and low in carbohydrates. Try this one with spaghetti squash and other varieties of vegetables, too!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Granulated Chicken Bouillon 15.9 oz
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ●4 cups water
- ●2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- ●2 zucchini, finely shredded
- ●1 chayote, peeled and finely shredded
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in water, carrots, zucchini, chayote, evaporated milk and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.