Opens in a new window
Tacos To Go
Tacos To Go
- These tasty tacos are easy to take on the go! Baked in tortilla cups, they are a perfect lunchbox or picnic treat. Let everyone pick their own toppings.
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 pound lean ground turkey
- ●1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 cup apple juice
- ●6 (8-inch) soft taco-size whole wheat flour tortillas
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●Toppings of your choice: chopped tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
Pour juice over turkey. Increase heat to high; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes to let the juice reduce until it is almost all absorbed.
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cut tortillas into twelve 4-inch circles using a cookie cutter or the top of a glass. You will cut 2 circles out of each tortilla.
Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortilla circles in cups and press into each cup. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Fill taco shells with taco filling and your choice of toppings.
This recipe can also be prepared using leftover chicken from the Slow Cooker Arroz con Pollo recipe – (recipe found on this site). Simply shred the leftover chicken with two forks and use instead of the ground turkey.