Opens in a new window
Cuban Coconut Candy
Cuban Coconut Candy
- Surprise your guests with this sweet Cuban dessert after enjoying your Christmas Eve feast. You can also wrap them up for your loved ones as edible holiday presents.
Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz Can
14 oz. Can
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●1/2 cup coconut milk
- ●1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 package (10 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish; line with parchment paper.
Combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, butter and grated orange peel in a large saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes. Mixture will begin to clump and pull away from side of saucepan. Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla extract.
Pour coconut mixture into prepared dish. Carefully spread mixture evenly with spatula, covering entire surface. Set aside to cool. When cool, cover the surface of the coconut mixture with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place morsels in a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water or in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of hot water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in grapeseed oil.
Remove plastic wrap from surface of coconut mixture. Pour half of the melted chocolate over coconut mixture. Using a spatula, coat entire surface of coconut mixture with melted chocolate. Place dish in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
Lift entire coconut mixture out of the dish and flip onto a working area lined with parchment paper. Chocolate layer should be on the bottom. Peel parchment paper off of candy. Pour remaining chocolate over set coconut, letting it run to cover sides. Use spatula to evenly coat entire block of coconut candy. Freeze for an additional 15 minutes to set.
Remove from freezer and place on a cutting board. Slice into 24 pieces to serve.